I always aim to keep my food waste as minimal as possible. For example, I like to make banana bread to use up my overly ripened banana’s, and therefore reduce food waste. I am excited to share my go-to banana bread recipe from BBC Good Food. It is super delicious and really easy to make.
Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients
- 140g Butter
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 140g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Very ripe bananas
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and grease a loaf tin with butter
- Cream the butter & caster sugar until light & fluffy. I usually melt the butter so that it is soft, I then use a rubber spatula to cream with the caster sugar.
- Beat the 2 large eggs in a separate small bowl
- Add the eggs to the butter & sugar mix with a little of the self-raising flour.
- Gradually fold in the flour, baking powder & the 2 mashed bananas
- Pour the mix into the loaf tin. Bake for 30 mins until the skewer comes out clean. For me, it usually takes more like 40 mins.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins then remove to a wire rack
For more of my favourite recipes, see here.