One of my mother’s favourite go-to recipes was Delia’s chorizo hash with peppers and paprika. Super tasty and easy to make. I highly recommend for a mid-week evening in and paired well with a good glass of red wine.
Ingredients for Chorizo Hash (serves 2)
- 150g Chorizo Sausage
- A Red Pepper
- 1tsp of paprika
- An Onion
- 275g New Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- A Clove of Garlic
- 2 Large Fresh Eggs
- Salt & Pepper for Seasoning
- Peel, half and thinly slice the onion. Half and deseed the red pepper, slide and chop into 1 cm pieces. Peel the skin off the chorizo and cut into pieces roughly the same size as the pepper.
- Wash the potatoes and cut into 1cm cubes. Place into a saucepan and pour enough boiling water in to cover them. Add a pinch of salt and a lid. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes before draining in a colander and covering with a clean tea cloth to absorb the steam.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan. When hot, add the onion, pepper & garlic. Cook for 6 minutes until softened and browned at the edges.
- Push the onion, pepper & garlic to the side of the pan. Add the chorizo and cook for 2 minutes till browned on the edges. Then add the paprika and stir everything together before putting on a plate and leaving to the side.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan. Add the potatoes and seasoning. Toss them in a pan for 3 minutes. Keep them moving until they crisp and brown the edges.
- Return the chorizo, pepper and onion mix to the pan. Carry on cooking for 5-6 minutes. Then turn down the heat to low.
- In another pan fry the eggs in the remaining oil. Serve the hash between two plates and with an egg on top of each. Have plenty of tomato ketchup on the table.
See here more recipes from the Very Hungry Charlotte.