Check out my go-to lemon sorbet recipe. Lemon sorbet is a favourite of mine. It is utterly refreshing as a dCheck out my go-to lemon sorbet recipe. Lemon sorbet is a favourite of mine. It is utterly refreshing as a dessert on a hot summers day or as a palate cleanser for a more formal dinner. Not only that, but it is super easy to make and great if you have some spare lemons going. Like all sorbet recipes, lemon sorbet is made with equal parts of fruit juices, water and sugar. For families, this is a great one to make with kids as it is so easy to make and lots of fun juicing the lemons.
Recipe credits goes to BBC Good Food.
Ingredients for Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- 250g caster sugar
- 250ml water
- lemon peel
- juice of 2-3 lemons
- 2 tbsp Vodka (optional)
- zest of half a lemon
- Juice the lemons and then pour into a measuring jug straining out any pulp or pips
- Heat 250ml water with the caster sugar and the lemon peel in a small pan until the sugar has dissolved then bring the mixture to the boil.
- Cook for 3 mins then turn off the heat and leave to cool. Pick out the lemon peel and discard. Measure out 100ml of lemon juice and add to the sugar mixture along with the vodka if using.
- Pour into a freezer box and freeze for 1hr 30 mins then mix up with a whisk to break up and incorporate the ice crystals (which will be starting to form at the edges) before returning to the freezer.
- Keep mixing the sorbet once an hour for 4 hours to break up the ice crystals. Stop mixing when firm but still scoop-able then store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Serve scoops of sorbet decorated with a few curls of lemon zest.
For more recipes and recommendations from The Very Hungry Charlotte, see here.