One of my favourite late-night treats is mocha creams. These are the perfect way to end an evening or to serve with coffee at the end of a dinner party. Very rich coffee and tequila flavoured chocolates. I use Cazcabel tequila usually to make mine, it is a really delicious tequila, very smooth and my absolute favourite. These are super easy to make and a great way to use up any leftover chocolate in the house to make a delicious, high-quality treat.
This recipe is from The Orchards School of Cooking.
Ingredients to make Mocha Creams (Makes 40)
- 170g Plain Chocolate
- 55g White Chocolate
- 55g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Coffee Powder dissolved in water
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tsp Coffee Tequila
How to make.
- Melt the plain chocolate in a bain-marie, add the egg yolk and leave to cool.
- Cream the butter with the coffee until soft, then add the chocolate and coffee tequila.
- Chill slightly until the mixture is of a piping consistency, then pipe into small round discs on a lined baking tray. Put in the fridge to set.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Either dip the chocolate discs into the white chocolate or decorate as per image below. Chill again to set.
They will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to two weeks. Serve with a coffee or late night drink.
See here for more recipes from the Very Hungry Charlotte.